High Output IGN-1A Inductive Coil with built-in Ignitor
NOTE: ALL Haltech are special order items unless mentioned otherwise. This means they may be subject to additional processing time depending on availability. Please check with us first for lead times if you are in a rush.
The IGN-1A Race Coil is a smart coil designed to provide 103 mJ per spark, with a longer spark duration (2.9 ms), exactly what is necessary for high rpm, high compression, forced induction and/or nitrous engines!
Each IGN-1A Race Coil features a built-in 19 amp IGBT ignitor, can be driven with any 5 volt logic level output and can be fired either sequentially or every crank revolution (wasted spark/ coil per plug). Maximum recommended duty cycle for an IGN-1A Race Coil is 40%.
IGN-1A Race Coils are normally used for distributorless ignition as a coil per plug application, however they can be fired sequentially or every crank revolution (wasted spark coil per plug) and do not require a CDI ignition source.
NOTE: Coil plug/pin set included - Spark plug leads not included
- A – Ignition signal from ECU
- B – Logic ground, connect to ECU ground
- C – Spark wire ground, connect to cylinder head
- D – Power ground, connect to battery negative
- E – 12 volt power
The coil dwell starts when a 5 volt signal is applied to pin A and the coil fires when the voltage drops to zero. The signal is similar to an LSx coil, although it does need a bit more current to trigger.
IGN-1A Race Coil specs:
- Minimum voltage output (no load, at recommended dwell): 40,000 volts
- Output energy: 103 mJ
- Spark duration: 2.9 ms
- Primary resistance: 0.5 ohms (not directly measurable)
- Primary inductance: 4.8 mH (not directly measurable)
- Secondary resistance: 8,500 ohms
- Secondary inductance: 22.5 H
- Turns ratio: 71.1
- Maximum current: 19 amps
- Maximum battery voltage: 17 volts
- Nominal dwell: 3.0 ms
IGN-1A Race Coils are very solid, robust smart coils, however, excessive dwell or duty cycle may cause meltdown. As with any race coil, the manufacturer does not provide a warranty.